Monday, September 8, 2008

Micah: US THAI - Edgewater, CO

So this is the first official review of a restaurant for the new blog.

Last Friday, for date night, I chose UsThai Cafe in Edgewater (25th & Sheridan). Since we're moving from the best neighborhood on earth at the end of the month, we're making special effort to eat only at restaurants in our neighborhood until we move (oh sad day).

Todd will explain the rating system in another post, but for now, I give this restaurant a TUESDAY.

It's a cute, small place and the staff was friendly. We were seated promptly and offered something to drink just as quickly. As soon as we'd poured our tea, our server came to take our dinner order. I chose pineapple curry with tofu and Todd opted for Thai chicken wings. We both got the "medium" spiciness, which was delicious and wonderful, but if you're sensitive to spice, definitely choose the "mild"...the medium even kicked me and I can usually handle a good deal of spice :o)

The service throughout the meal was adequate, to be sure. Our server only came by once to fill our water, which we liked. I kind of hate when servers arbitrarily fill my water (or coffee, for that matter) after I've taken a sip of it. It's not necessary and I didn't ask for it to be filled. It's fine to fill my water when it's more than half-full, without asking, but beyond that, it's just not needed.

Because the restaurant was so small, the tables had plastic tablecloths, and the napkins were paper (something Todd loathes), we didn't want to give this a FRIDAY rating. If you want a Friday Thai restaurant, definitely try out Thai Basil (there are a couple different locations, but our favorite is on 38th and Irving).

All in all, we really enjoyed our date night and would recommend UsThai...check 'em out!

No comments: