Saturday, September 6, 2008

Todd: BLOOM

Bloom, Broomfield

Though I'd been to Bloom a few times before, I thought it would be worth rating here. We went on a Saturday night with a group of about 7 others, one of them being from Toronto. Not to bias the post but Bloom is the favorite restaurant of my VP when he visits the Denver area and he is incredibly picky about what/where he will eat.

At first glance, the menu at Bloom seems small. One entire side is taken up by Wine Flights and other cocktails while the other presents a seasonal soup, a mixture of appetizers and salads, and about 12 main entrees of varying types.

All told, we had shares of these appetizers: Smoked Salmon, Calamari, Warm Brie, and the Mozzarella/tomato slices. My entree was the special of the night, Mahi Mahi and an additional side of Bleu Cheese Mashed Potatoes (which I didn't know were an option but will be getting them every time I go there in the future) while Micah had the Roasted Ribeye with Roquefort mashed potatoes and asparagus. I also sampled someone else's Wasabi mashed potatoes (it seems they take pride in their mash) which were everything I expected by the name. Finally, we all shared a few bites of the Bars of Sin, a great dessert in general if you are a chocolate lover.

I can't rate the wine but I will say that we had 2 bottles of red and at least 1 bottle of white - I can't rate it because the restaurant didn't produce it. Regardless, the presentation and service were both fantastic with the wine and the food.

Every piece of food that I consumed was fantastic, everything I expect from Bloom. I'd recommend this place for lunch or dinner, any day of the week.

Final Verdict? Definitely a Friday place.

No comments: