Monday, November 10, 2008

TODD: Pete's Greek Cafe

The fact that a restaurant is "on Colfax" should not disqualify it from the relative pantheon of Denver eateries that you must try.

They have non-Greek food, too, for you losers who order a cheeseburger at Mexican places, but their house cuisine is "where it's at."

As Micah already described our dishes, I'll save myself the trouble except to say that the food was fantastic. My salad was drenched in dressing, however, and at one point I do recall making the "bitter beer face" over a mouthful of vinegary deliciousness. The pita bread with the appetizer was warm and solid and fantastic. My "lasagna" was a little bland in the past area (of which there was much because it was stacked about 4" tall) but the mixture of the flavors with the nutmeg-meat and sauce offset it beautifully.

Yes, the baklava was the absolute best. It was warm, which doubled the effect, and I did accuse Micah of wanting to lick the place (though, secretly, I would have made her fight me for it).

Definitely recommended for every night of the week, especially FRIDAY.

No comments: